I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am pleasantly surprised and grateful. This award is a great way for bloggers to give recognition to fellow bloggers, for being inspiring and creative with their posts. Check out the blog website https://tipsfromsharvina.wordpress.com/ to read Sharvina who, has so kindly nominated me.
This is how nominated bloggers should proceed:
1. Thank the blogger for nominating them and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer
4. Notify your nominees
5. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post
My answer to Sharvina’s questions are as follows:
1. Which country are you blogging from?
I am blogging from the United States
2. What brought you to blogging?
Since moving 750 miles from home, this is a good way to keep friends and family updated. I’ve found that I can express myself more accurately in written word than spoken word. I have a little more confidence behind a computer screen. Maybe it’s because of the luxury of backspace and delete keys. Either way, it has become a fun focus and challenge for me.
3. Your driving force for regular blogging?
As humans, I think it is our natural tendency to share what is good and right in our lives. I’m no different. In public or on social media, we show the highlights of our lives, the good stuff that we all want to remember. We all have struggles, though. I love to find the humor in our misadventures, or the irony in our mishaps. My mistakes and frustrations may give someone else comfort or hope that they are not alone.
4. What are your hobbies?
Blogging is probably my hobby right now. I’m enjoying my “unemployment” after 20 years a hairstylist. I’m able to tend to the needs of my family. Being able to support my husband, care for my boys, and help my parents is very important to me.
5. Your favourite book?
I don’t have a lot of time to read, but I am working through a Bible Study called “Discerning the Voice of God”
6. Your favourite author?
I think the author that I can relate to the most is Priscilla Shirer, the author of the above mentioned Bible Study that I am working on.
7. What makes you laugh the most?
My boys keep me laughing ALL.THE.TIME. I absolutely love to laugh. The more I laugh at their antics, the worse it gets. It’s a vicious cycle.
8. Your time management tip?
Oh my, time management is not my strongest area. I’m really good at lists… I feel really good about myself when I am able to check off my accomplishments. Sometimes, I put things on the lists after I do them, just so that I can check them off!!!
9. Your idea of independence?
Independence is being fully self- sufficient. The ability to be independent is valuable, but I’ve learned to appreciate the vulnerability I sometimes experience when I need help and I am humble enough to accept it.
10. Your most valuable quotation?
“Remember who you are, and whose you are.” My dad told me this as a young girl, but I’ve found that it applies well into adulthood.
11. Did you enjoy your last vacation?
I absolutely loved my last vacation. Almost any road trip with my guys and some good music is a good time. The drive is sometimes just as good (if not better) than the destination.
I’m so new to the blogging community, I haven’t become acquainted with very many bloggers. So, I will nominate these friends:
Journey Onward – http://www.laurareimer.net
Inside The Tin Bucket – http://nanellehairston.wordpress.com
Parentingisfunny – http://parentingisfunny.wordpress.com
Rachel Mutua – http://rael093.wordpress.com
The 11 Questions to my nominees, are as follows:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- What kind of blogs do you prefer to read?
- Happiest moment in life so far?
- Most embarrassing moment in life so far?
- The biggest battle you feel like you are facing right now?
- Something you feel like you have overcome or at least learned to manage?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
- What one thing in life do you roll your eyes at the most?
I hope that all my nominees will accept their award (although some may be reluctant / may choose not to), as I believe that the Sunshine Blogger Award is a wonderful event, in which bloggers are given the chance to duly honour their peers!
Please do pass it on. Cheers and take care!!
Note: For general information about awards, you may wish to visit https://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/understanding-blog-awards/